Friday, January 11, 2008

More Progress...at last!

Well, with the new year, lots of exciting things have happened!

I am team-teaching a one credit elective LIBM course called Electronic Information Retrieval. We have been asked to modify the content as we see fit to make it more hands-on and interactive, even though it is entirely online (through Blackboard, our current CMS).

Also, I have been asked by our Interim Director of Libraries to work with others on creating the content for a possible one credit course covering information literacy in general.

These are two EXCELLENT opportunities to develop this project further, as well as test its effectiveness.

And the best news of all: I got notification today that my IRB application has been approved! I can create a survey and begin administering it to volunteers in my first library instruction one-shot session, which is next Wednesday.

Yea!!!

No comments: